November was a pretty productive month, after all !
Let’s see what I managed to get done in those 30 days of running around everywhere and checking things off my to-do list :
- Only Mostly Devastated – you can find my review here
- Bird brain – reviewed here
- Eff this ! Meditation
- Everything isn’t terrible – reviewed here
- Out with the ex, in with the new – reviewed here
- Girl, wash your face
- Girl, stop apologizing – these two actually pleasantly surprised me – it didn’t start really good,but I appreciated the second one much better than the first.
- The 5 am club – Gave it an honest chance, but I definitely didn’t like it.
- Red, white and royal blue – review coming up in December, when I find the time for it!
- Hyperbole and a half – I DNF’ed this one, it just wasn’t for me at all
I’m also halfway through the rise and fall of the dinosaurs, but life is pretty hectic right now so I’m not sure I’ll manage to finish it before I have to give it back to the library. We’ll see!
So, how did I do on my November goals ? Well, it’s not a win on each and every one of them, but it’s not bad at all !
✅ Read 4 books off my TBR
❌ Post 10 times on my blog – I only posted 7 times, but that’s still way better than I did at the beginning of the year, so. Still a win.
✅ Keep exercising – I did kick-boxing, and even some jogging !
✅ Sleep 7 to 8 hours a night – More or less
✅ Keep studying even without exams
❌ Get a job – Not yet. I’m not giving up, though.
✅ Form new relationships
✅ Post more on bookstagram – IG stories totally count, right ?
✅ Buy less takeout coffee – I still bought some, but definitely not as much as last month ! (Saved a lot of money, too)
❌ Write something – I procrastinated doing this one for the whole month.
Life in general
This month was pretty busy, and in doing so, was also pretty stressful. I had a lot of trouble staying on top of things, even though all my exam results were amazingly good and nothing terribly bad happened – I kept having this vague fear that something bad was about to get here, and that I only had moments to prepare. Not a good feeling.
However, good things still happened : those exam results, for example!
I also went to the Montreal book festival. I got a weekly pass so I could go to all the conferences I wanted to go to, and I had a lot of fun!
I also updated my reading goals on Goodreads! I had planned to read 40 books this year, but I checked that goal in November, so I moved it up to 50 for a challenge – we’ll wee if I can get to that before the end of the year!